Sunday, September 11, 2011

Preparing for Take Off

Julie and i at Harry's Chocolate Shop
coooookies
today i told my coworkers i'd be leaving in about a week, and they all made sad faces, and i realized i have met some great people in unexpected places here in Indiana. from working at a random job i never thought i would have, to zumba and yoga class, there have been many interesting people. i would have never guessed i would ever be in indiana in my life, but i sure am happy to make some good friends while here!
today Julie and i did some Goodwill shopping (99 cent Sundays!) after work and i found some snuggly sweaters, but most of all just enjoyed shopping with another female! its been awhile, and every time i go shopping by myself i miss having a girlfriend with me to help me decide. then she took me to a place called Harry's Chocolate Shop by Purdue campus, which is a bar that has been here since the 1920's, and used to be a chocolate shop that was a speakeasy bar. gotta love a secret bar! so she introduced me to her favorite drink, Amaretto Stone Sour, and i must say i am definitely going to enjoy more of those in my future! so the top picture is us standing behind the bar (the bartender that took the picture wanted the sign behind us after i told the whole bar about taking pictures to go on my blog).
so i guess this week will be time for closure, teaching my last yoga classes and breaking the news to them (sad face), working the last big event at my job, and reaching the end of my love affair with my beloved gym here. yes, i suppose i can admit that in a way i am a little sad to go. but how lucky i have been to inspire others and be inspired by fabulous people!
so it's official, we will probably leave next Sundayish, and make our way to Colorado, Utah, and back to San Diego. i must say although i am certainly excited to see my old friends there, i do feel a twinge of...well i dont know what, to go back there. i did leave because i felt it wasn't where i needed to be anymore and i wanted to find somewhere new, but i'm feeling i need to go full circle and go back to where i came from to understand more about myself, and to try something new in an old place.
or maybe i will just tell Luke to leave me in Colorado........
anyways, here's another new recipe!
Chocolate Coconut Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
2 bananas
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup shredded coconut
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2/3 cup cocoa powder
2 tbsp honey
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a food processor, mix bananas, 1 cup oatmeal, and olive oil until blended. Transfer mixture to a bowl and stir in other ingredients.
Roll into balls and place on baking sheet. They didn't spread at all so you can put them close together. For an extra touch, i dipped the top of the balls in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
Bake 12 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment