Friday, March 25, 2011

In Case You Were Wondering...

we are still in tennessee. i've felt there hadn't been too much excitement to post about. i'm noticing that it is very hard for me to not do anything and be ok with it, and Amy says maybe that's why we are here. i need to relax! its ok to do nothing sometimes. and i guess we are still doing lots of things! its just at a tennessee pace. lots of dog walking/running, dinner cookin, couch sittin, True Blood watchin, and just plan hangin out. i feel much more adjusted to southern life vs. california extreme fast pace life already. i've realized i got sucked into the "you must be doing something at all times, and really fast" lifestyle of southern california. so its nice to unwind and remember where i came from! i'd lost my southern accent and started to think i was actually californian!
well ya'll, im not. i am southern! and it feels good. rednecks sure are nicer than you think too. sure, they look at us funny for looking different, but they are just interested to see something new most of the time. its nice living places you feel accepted, but i feel that it is just as important and more challenging and strengthening to be in places where its harder to connect with people because they seem different.
luke's got some work painting already! so we will be here atleast another week. thanks amy and paul for being so hospitable!
amy says she's going to pay me to sing in the choir at church. i am finally beginning my singing career!
its also kind of fun that we don't know anyone here and i don't really have responsibility, so i feel like i'm hiding from the world. plenty of time for me to deepen my relationship with myself, something fast pace life often inhibits. maybe that's why its hard for me to do nothing, i don't want to get to know myself more. which is why it must need to happen and is.
to come: the city of chattanooga experience, white water rafting, cute animal pictures!

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. I never think of southern california as being fast paced. I've never known anything else and I always got the impression that we're all just a bunch of surfing yoga bums that are too laid back! Good luck with your singing career :)

    ReplyDelete